Sc2Researchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metalopolis

3 posters

Go down

Metalopolis Empty Metalopolis

Post  qxc Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:49 am

Bunker below the mineral line

-minerals can be attacked out of bunkers on 3 and 9 o’clock bases
- 3 o’clock bunker has to touch the corner under 2nd mineral patch (counted from the ramp) to hit 2 patches, 1 square to the left -> can reach 1 patch
- 9 o’clock bunker in the bottom corner outside of the base -> reaching 2 mineral patches, 1 square up on the wall -> reaching 1 patch
- on goldbases you can place the bunker right in the corner at the edges to reach 1 patch

Viable? Probably not. Maybe as the start of a pressure build that continues to attack or transitions into something else.

qxc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Metalopolis Empty vs Zerg and 2 raxx and also confinement

Post  Thunderbear Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:26 pm

In this one here I immediatly thought that this could lock down anything with low range for a long time, why not try to do it with a 2 raxx, and then just build a third raxx and float it up over on the zergs edge, you'd completely lock down the natural and the main.
I will have to test this myself, but it might be interesting on short position meta. Many protosses do it with their canon rush, so why can't we do that with a bunker rush in a more non-cheese fashion?
after that one should be able to win with a completely standard game, if we make it work.
It's fine in theory I guess, but as it will be seen by the miners, you might have to build an unscouted bunker first, just for defense of the mineral bunker.
And it would also work real great if you have a Toss or Zerg locked down inside their base, so that you can be more forward but also stay safe.
Because of siege tanks I don't see this as working vs Terran.
Thunderbear
Thunderbear
Admin

https://sc2research.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Metalopolis Empty Re: Metalopolis

Post  qxc Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Biggest problem is that can't start bunker until barracks finish + it only works on certain positions - so not a really consistent thing to do.

qxc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Metalopolis Empty Reaper play/bunkering

Post  Leargle Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 pm

I know most people consider the reaper to be a "dead unit" but reapers can hop up the cliff and get shots off immediately. Also may be able to spot for a bunker.

Leargle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  qxc Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:38 am

That's an idea. What if it was something like 11 rax - first marine is for the bunker. Then a marauder into the bunker and then a reaper or something similar. biggest problem I see though is that it doesn't work vs. all positions so not a reliable cheese. Doesn't really seem worth looking into.

Mb if you went straight marauder? Dno how many patches a marauder in the bunker can hit but that might do it.

qxc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down