Sc2Researchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What we're looking for

2 posters

Go down

What we're looking for Empty What we're looking for

Post  qxc Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 pm

**Please make your 'guest/temporary' account similar to the actual account you tried to make so that we can easily find your account for activation if/when the time comes.

Every single member of this community is to be taken on a case by case basis. In order to maintain the integrity of the forum I require certain standards of quality to be met.

Posting on other people's ideas in this section of the forum will help your chances. A big part of the forum is discussion - not just analysis

Additionally we've added some threads from the main forum section. We encourage you to contribute what you can to these threads (they are a good example of what the majority of the original forum members had to do initially)

With that being said. Some guidelines for posting below.

Make your posts concise. Don't ramble.

Format your posts in a way that's readable. A straight wall of text is mind numbing.

If your post is long add titles to various sections. Do something to make the reader understand the direction you're taking.

Keep it relevant to the game. The primary purpose of this forum is to improve our understanding.

Provide rational explanation. The why is often more important than the what.

Provide links and support. Replays and example games are excellent ways to support a claim.

Share your input and do not be afraid to criticize. We need critical discussion to improve our ideas and weed out the unworthy. Remember to attack ideas - not people.

What I need are your opinions and explanations. This forum is my first attempt at anything of this nature. Please feel free to give any suggestions or criticisms of the way the forum is run or how things operate.

With that being said - post your application in this forum. It will be reviewed within a few days and we will let you know of your acceptance (or not).

gl hf
qxc

Last edited by qxc on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

qxc
Admin

Back to top Go down

What we're looking for Empty Re: What we're looking for

Post  Skel Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 am

Applications:

I am not a player who calculates DPS or other statistics. I don't even know the damage of most the units! If I'm interested in a build I'll play some games using it and, if I like it, I either start to perfect timings using build-order programs or start thinking on ways to improve it, i.e. I worked on how to perfect the early marauder/marine push against Protoss.

But I don't really get the point of the new questions you posted. Do you ask this because you are just curious or do you want to test how much work we have put in to this? To be honest I just don't have fun calcuating such things.

It also feels a little bit awkward to post and ask other guys questions only to show you guys that I'm able to do so.

The main forum:

I thought of this as a place where you can share and discuss your new strategies, look up something other guys have invented and to discuss other things in a better, more adult fashion than other websites, i.e. TeamLiquid, do. So I wrote an article in my application detailing one of my not so normal strategies/builds.
If we can't see the main forum it's hard for us to write an application blindly if we can't see what we're doing it for.

Suggestion:

If more people come here this application process will be too much work. So here is my suggestion:
Let everyone write a thread like today and then let all the members who want to questions do so. Then, after one week, a moderator add a poll and let the current members decide.

glhf Skeletor

Skel

Back to top Go down

Post  Leargle Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:45 am

We've already done some talking about the applications. I moved threads from our unit testing/build order sections for you guys to get an idea of what some of our threads look like. Feel free to do unit/bo testing, that's why they're there. Those ones are a little bit more technical, but they were a couple topics where it's a little bit less about conversation and more about sitting in a test map and crunching numbers.

Leargle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  qxc Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:56 pm

The applications are a way for you to show us a few things

1) You know enough about the game to come up with interesting ideas and viewpoints

2) You are able to construct a rational argument

3) You are able to discuss your ideas with others and are adept at creating and maintaining discussion

4) You actually want to be a part of the community

Don't think of the applications as much as an extension of what the forum is actually like but more a way to demonstrate what you can contribute to said forums.

Hope that's a bit more clear. I've never really done anything like this before so most of what you say is our first or second attempt. Everyone here is pretty much just winging it so feedback is nice to get a feel for how we're doing.

qxc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum