Sc2Researchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elevator pushes on shattered temple

2 posters

Go down

Elevator pushes on shattered temple Empty Elevator pushes on shattered temple

Post  Leargle Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:56 am

Title. I don't particularly like the fact that there's only one watch tower, but if you spawn close by air and hug the cliffs they have to go out of their way to scout it. With the new layout, the tower doesn't see to the edge of the cliffs.

I don't think it's really a game winning maneuver, but you can do some major damage this way.

Just one of the pushes I've been liking lately, if you can get a few tanks very early on then some major hurt can be applied.

Thoughts?

Leargle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elevator pushes on shattered temple Empty Re: Elevator pushes on shattered temple

Post  qxc Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:01 pm

What matchup(s) in particular? This seems more like a general mid game manuever - most effective in TvT. I don't do a whole lot of elevatoring myself. I usually just doom drop but that seems like a pretty reasonable thing to do here.

qxc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elevator pushes on shattered temple Empty Re: Elevator pushes on shattered temple

Post  Leargle Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:05 am

I think of it as mostly a TvT strategy. In TvZ getting backed into a corner is bad and it's likely the zerg will just counterattack. TvP it seems like a protoss can punish you if you commit too much to the push.

It seems like a tempo kind of thing mostly-- you likely aren't going to end the game with it, but you can probably force an overreaction, maybe kill some addons. Also may work for a 2 pronged attack.

Leargle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum